Friday, June 25, 2010
Arrival
I arrived in San Francisco this evening! It was a full day of travel... Almost 12 hours from door to door. Car, plane one, plane two, BART, walking, taxi, walking.
I'm tired, and a little bit overwhelmed as I imagine the possibility of living in the middle of a big city for a few years. (Sharing something in common with the plant in this photo, perhaps?) I need to have a good sleep and think about this in the morning instead.
This is an unexpected delight: Pandora is a website that offers free internet radio. As songs play, the listener can say "like" or "don't like" and the computer will choose the next songs based on those preferences. I used Pandora for a few years in Edmonton, but then it was discontinued in Canada. Today, I tried it out to see if it would work here, and I was so happy to see that it does. And the website remembered my computer, so all of my settings and playlists are still there after five years or so. It's playing excellent music for me now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
i'm glad you made it! i've been thinking of you wandering around in san francisco today :)
love,
h.
Post a Comment