Saturday, June 16, 2012

Ten things I know for sure

. . .
Incoming. (San Francisco, CA)

1. It’s summer in Berkeley, and this place has the very best gelato.
2. I like to draw, but I don’t do it very often.
3. No matter where I live, I’ll always be missing someone.
4. I come from the prairie, but I like to go to the edge of the land and begin to learn about the ocean's rhythms, generosity, and vastness.
5. I’ve been holding my breath.
6. It’s impossible to take mid-air self-portraits.
7. I’m already savouring this last year here.
8. I can measure my wealth in current library cards: Four.
9. My blog will be five years old next month.
10. I want to travel to the southern hemisphere someday to see different stars.

1 comment:

jenanne said...

#4 -- yes. i do love getting to know the sea...

though right now i miss the blossoming aspens with their pollen-snows (despite the sneezing) because of the way the river valley forests smell after rain, when the sun comes out to the dry the leaves...