Monday, June 25, 2012

Books, books, books

Sparkles. (Lake Okanagan, Naramata, BC)

The library where I work is closed for the summer in preparation for a move from the third floor to the second floor  so the focus of my job has changed from circulation and answering reference questions to a meticulous inventory of the whole library collection. Podcasts, archival audio cassettes, silly and insightful co-workers, tea, and long lunch breaks are helping me with this task.

I've also been coming across many interesting animations about books. I wonder why there are so many all of a sudden...

I like the flying books in this film, "The Fantastic Flying Books of Mr. Morris Lessmore."
Here are the adventures of a bookmark, in a film called "Much Better Now."
This animation called "D" has an intense chase scene.

1 comment:

jenanne said...

i think the proliferation of book-related things is related to the rise of the e-reader, etc. people need to ensure the paper forms are not forgotten, and celebrate them.