Saturday, September 27, 2008
Stories
I've been thinking about stories this week – even more than I usually do. I notice so many examples of how inspiring and transformative storytelling can be. Encountering these resources makes me want to read and listen, write and tell.
I also know of an abundance of books about the process of meaningful and expressive storytelling. Each of these authors brings a specific perspective to the (difficult, joyful and necessary) task of sharing ideas in ways that are creative and compelling:
Life's Companion by Christina Baldwin
The Artist's Way by Judith Cameron
Wild Mind by Natalie Goldberg
Bird by Bird by Anne Lamott
Tell it Slant by Brenda Miller and Suzanne Paola
I remember a line from "Twenty-One Love Poems" by Adrienne Rich. She notices how, "the story of our lives becomes our lives."
Which stories from our lives do we need to tell?
How and when and where will we share them?
Does it matter who's listening?
o
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
oh! reading this makes me so glad you are telling. ja.
Post a Comment