Saturday, September 19, 2009
From the archives
Adventures in Customer Service
From the archives… (Sometime in Summer, 2004)
Jenanne found this dialogue, written on a piece of looseleaf paper as she was cleaning and organizing. Sometimes customer service interactions are so bizarre and unbelievable that they must be written down and shared.
The cast:
First guy (white-haired)
Jenanne the tea server
Second guy (balding, skinnier George Costanza)
FG: Do you have “Red Rose” Orange Pekoe?
JTS: We have Orange Pekoe, but not “Red Rose.” We don’t have tea bags here, just full-leaf tea.
FG: Well, what kind of Orange Pekoe do you have?
JTS: Full-leaf Ceylon tea from India.
FG: Hmmm. I don’t think I want tea from India.
JTS [in her head]: Your “Red Rose” tea was probably picked there too, you know! That’s where tea grows!
JTS: It will taste the same, if not better than “Red Rose,” as it isn’t in a tea bag.
[He relents.]
SG: I’ll have a good tea. Surprise me.
JTS: Well, would you like black tea, green tea…
SG: Just give me a good guy tea.
JTS: I don’t think tea is gendered.
SG: Well, I don’t want any of that fruity Orange Pekoe stuff.
JTS: Oh, but Orange Pekoe isn’t flavoured.
SG: Oh, hey look! They’ve got Samurai tea! Samurai, look!
JTS: Well, that one’s actually –
JTS [in her head]: Oh, the delicious irony of the fact that Samurai is delicately flavoured with orange and vanilla – and you think it’s a “guy tea.”
SG: I’ll have some of that! Yeah.
The end.
o
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I like this a lot. Maybe I'll have some of my own adventures in customer service some day :)
Post a Comment