Saturday, May 9, 2009
Twenty-five things
1. I want to live in a place where lavender grows easily and abundantly.
2. I feel best when I have at least one big project in the works.
3. Brainstorming on a large piece of paper is one of my favourite activities.
4. I usually judge books by their covers.
5. I read non-fiction and poetry more often than fiction.
6. Sometimes I wish I was a tree.
7. I want to visit Boston, San Francisco and New Orleans (and other places too!).
8. If I had an unlimited amount of money, I would have a colour photocopier and a juice machine.
9. I feel like dancing and singing more often than you’d guess.
10. I feel simultaneously older and younger than I am.
11. Comfortable boots are extremely important to me.
12. I like to send packages in the mail, including handwritten letters, tea and other surprises.
13. Words I like: lavish, verdant, sprout
14. Words I don’t like: torque, luncheon, lanyard
15. My favourite breakfast is a bowl of granola, plain yogurt, pineapple and maple syrup.
16. My favourite holiday-occasions are Arbour Day and Winter Solstice.
17. I like to make books, buttons and drawings.
18. I want to have tea with Mary Oliver and Joanna Macy.
19.When I was in grade six I learned how to juggle, so that I’d have a useful skill in case other things didn’t work out. And a few years later I learned to unicycle for the same reason.
20. The left knee of my pants always wears out before the right knee.
21. Sometimes I forget to do things that I love, like drawing, writing, dancing and cooking extravagant meals.
22. I often make lists.
23. An essay called “The Small Work in the Great Work” by Victoria Safford in The Impossible Will Take a Little While changed the way I think.
24. My least favourite household chores are shoveling heavy snow and putting the fitted sheet back on my bed.
25. The texture of familiar scarves makes me feel content.
o
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment