Sunday, February 10, 2008
Silence and sound
Spirit of silence and sound…
I am longing to know the difference
between silence held in hesitation and fear
and silence held in rest and peace.
I want to uproot the fear that keeps me from
speaking up when I most need to be heard.
I want to allow my deepest truths to resonate in my heart
and in the communities where I belong.
Spirit of silence and sound…
I am longing to speak with courage
and to be a whole, strong version of myself –
including all of my abilities and limitations.
I want to use my voice to describe
my imaginings of action and change.
Spirit of silence and sound…
I am longing for quiet sabbath time.
I want to choose mindful silence
and pause to carefully plant each seed of learning and each new idea.
I want to choose mindful silence
and pause to tend to the ache that comes with growth and change.
Spirit of silence and sound…
I am rooted in deep gratitude for companions who sing with me
through fear and sadness and strength.
In the winter…
when crooked branches are exposed and the earth is still.
when I see bright blue sky – and morning sun spilling across the floor.
when a formation of geese flies low overhead and I feel the grace of their powerful wings.
I am here in the winter…
when there is silence in the spaces between tree branches
and silence in the spaces between my thoughts.
Spirit of silence and sound…
I am longing know the difference between
silence held in hesitation and fear
and silence held in rest and peace.
January 31, 2008
Naramata, BC
o
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment